This past week, Geron just announced a successful test of a telomerase activator in mice. The goal of this activator is to reverse lung damage caused by a telomere dependent disease known as IPF, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. The word idiopathic does not mean the doctors are idiots and can’t figure it out; it means “cause unknown”. Telomerase activation in these mice did indeed reduce the damage to lung tissue and was safe for use.
Undoubtedly, this will eventually be trialed in humans, since IPF mortality is 50% in 5 years, making it a very certain death sentence for most of the people that have it. The new compound is also undoubtedly going to be marketed as a drug rather than a supplement, since this will be where the big “payday” is.
Now, a couple of things to understand based on my knowledge of the field.
1) This new drug is actually made from something either identical, or extremely similar to TA-65 as a starting point. And this new drug turns on telomerase to a degree that seems to be right in line with that of TA-65, based on potency data I have seen in various studies, although time may prove it to be more potent.
2) The new compound, while not “natural” in the truest sense of the word, does have a natural TA-65-like compound as the starting point so it comes from a natural origin.
3) This is the first of what will hopefully be many new compounds based on TA-65, modified for disease use.
A few more other things to understand:
1) Reversal of cell damage is the first step to attaining even “normal” longevity.
2) The degree to which we turn on telomerase is the degree that we transition from health maintenance to longer, healthier lives.
3) TA-65 has been studied for over 8 years now in human populations, including HIV infected people. It reverses many of the biochemical markers of aging, including inflammation and immune incompetence and it has done so in every model it has been tested in.
4) My clinical experience with TA-65 as one of the early adaptors has been universally positive. I am on it personally for 4 years now, as are my immediate family. None of us will stop it, unless and until something better with HUMAN data comes along. As of this point, there are no other compounds on the market with the science, the studies and the proven efficacy of TA-65.
5) There are some natural compounds out there that have shown in LAB DATA, only to turn on telomerase. This list would include all of the MLM level products of which there are 3 that I know of.
Here are the others:
- Carnosine in high doses
- Milk thistle
- Human Growth Hormone
- Male and female sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen)
- Co Q10 (note PQQ has NOT been tested)
- Vitamin D
- Astragaloside IV
As I have said before, if you can afford the best for your health, then do everything you can to help keep your telomeres younger. If TA-65 is out of your price range check out the ingredients in my Telomere Edge Pack for Telomere Support. Many people use it until they can afford TA-65 and many people who are on TA-65 continue to use it as a supplement for healthier telomeres.
As of this moment and for the past 4 years running, TA-65 has to be at the top of the list.